Monday, September 19, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2225


AM WORKOUT




Axle Strict Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x156
3x176
5x196
10x156 (clean once)

Axle clean and press (clean each rep) 173
1x6
1x4 (+1 rep on the final rep, no clean)




Notes: Drop in PR performance, but that's comparing AM workouts with PM workouts.  I'm noticing that, on the backoff set, I feel more stable coming in with a clean than I did out of the rack.  I might start transitioning to cleaning all sets off the floor.  On that note, the clean each rep sets were exhausting, but I'm getting better with the continental.  The continental was the x-factor, as I had strength to keep pressing, but the intent of the day is to get in more work with the continental.  Somewhat balances out with this being the heavier pressing day.




Dips
120 reps


Notes: Two 60 rep rest pause clusters.  Dips are just awesome. The perfect upper body press assistance.  Managed 45 in one go on the first cluster.




Axle curls
1x110




BACKWORK (performed in between sets of everything else)




Lat pulldown 140
5x12


Band pull aparts
5x20


Axle rows 173
3x10




Notes: Went a little easier on the rowing.  I'm thinking on this day that'll be the protocol, because the continentals are firing up the back plenty fierce.  Traditionally, prepping for a contest, the backwork lightens a little so I can focus more on events, and then in the off season I go stupid high volume, so that's most likely how this will work out.




General notes: Woke up at 191.4.  Knee is feeling good.  Neck has been bugging me for a while, but it's just an annoyance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment