Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2227




AM WORKOUT




Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x236
3x266
9x296
15x236




Notes: Whereas last week was a great show while I was disappointed with my lack of focus, this time the focus was pretty solid but things weren't feeling so hot.  Warm-ups were heavy, but the topsets were smooth. 




NG chins (various grip widths)
5x20




Lateral/rear lateral 25lbs
5x10/10




Notes: Performed in between sets of benching.  I might go against my better judgment and start alternating between weighted chins one week and BW the next, just to get something more out of this.  ROM on laterals was pretty sad, should probably dial the weight back.






GIANT SETS

(1) Axle incline close grip bench 206
5x8




DB rows 105
4x10
1x15




DB reverse curls 30
5x10




Notes: Grip was fried, so the FG on the DB rows as a no go.  I imagine it was the extra continental workout yesterday compared to last week, so I might just make a policy of alternating 1 week with FG and 1 week without.






General notes: Woke up at 190.8.  Need to quit being afraid of eating. Still pleased with how much I am getting up early to knock these out.  That said, I am having a planned PM workout for Thursday because the axle continentals make a little too much noise for a EMOM workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment