Saturday, May 5, 2018


Training Log: Entry 2494


AM WORKOUT


(3) Texas Deadlift Bar touch and go deadlifts
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
7+2+2x535+chains
14x445+chains


Standing ab wheel
4x8


Dips
1x50


Kelso shrugs dropset
20x50lbs
15x25


Notes: My theory that it was the lack of cheat meals holding me back on this day proved to be false; I'm just getting hammered.  Burning the candle on both ends is showing.  Dawned on me in the shower.  Normally, when I'm dropping weight, I'm reducing activity, but because I'm so behind on the power curve for running, I've been upping my activity levels while dropping the cals so I can be lighter WHEN I run.  This isn't sustainable, but I don't intend for it to be.  Once this month is over, I'll start upping the calories again.


That said, this was a great workout for effort.  I'm happy with how hard I pushed considering how beat up I felt.  I'm getting in a lot of volume as well.  I'm debating between dropping the weight next cycle or trying to ride out one more.  I'll see how the final week goes.


Woke up at 195.2.  Did not experience the type of swelling I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment