Sunday, May 20, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2508

PM WORKOUT

Stone of steel over bar (20)
3xSoS
3x+50lbs
3x+70
2x+90
8x+50

https://youtu.be/Z0GO_TAUgdw

Prowler loaded w/90lbs
5 rounds of 50' high handles/50' low handles with 30 seconds rest between rounds

Notes: With the calories up, I'm ready to start pushing the training again.  SoS is really coming along.  I'm learning a lot of those things people already know, but because I'm an oaf it takes me longer.  Today, I really figured out how to squeeze the hell out of the stone with my upper body, squeezing the stone itself and squeezing it into my chest too. This gave me MUCH better control lifting the stone up, and I did a lot less of my usual "catch the stones with my biceps" technique I was doing previously.  Since the only time I ever trained stones was in competition, it turns out I've been over-reliant on tacky, and was using that to "grab" the stone.  Training without it now, I'm figuring out how to really use myself.

That prowler was good work.  Legs are totally sore, and I wanted to use this to get some blood in it.  The prowler will NOT move with low handles unless you get your body low as well.  Kaz talked about how this was getting into the pain zone and people being unwilling to do it, and I get it now.

I took a photo to capture where I was when I started gaining weight.  I'm pleased with my current body comp, and it's good to know I can come back to it when I need to.  Also was able to capture my stone hickey on my right pec, so that's cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment