Monday, May 21, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2509

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS

Log viper and press away
5xLog
5x145
5x165
13x190
1x255-strict (lifetime PR)
15x145

Weighted NG chins 55
5x10

Band pull aparts
5x20

GIANT SETS
Log clean and push press 210
1x5
3x4

Reverse hyper 230
4x16

Hammer curls 45
4x9

Notes: That 255 is a massive victory.  I took video that I'll upload later, but looking at it, it didn't look as awful as it felt.  The clean is still sluggish, but I have enough energy, and I ended up pressing it strict instead of viper just because of how long it took, which means I should have even more in me when I get the technique figured out.  Leg drive needs some work on the push presses, but that's about standard for me.  Cut out a round of work, since I have my fitness test this afternoon and wanted to leave a little in the tank. 

I'm 10lbs away from comp weight, and that's with a strict press, with 2 months to go.  I'm feeling real good right about now.

Woke up at 197.4.


PM WORKOUT

FITNESS TEST

Height: 69"
Weight: 196lbs
Waist Measurement: 32"
1 minute push-ups: 57 (max score, got it done in 30 seconds)
1 minute sit-ups: 54 (max score, got it done in 45 seconds)
1.5 mile run: 10:50

Notes: I have NO idea where the hell that run came from.  That's the best time I've had in about 11 years.  That weighted vest paid off in spades.  I ran the first lap in 1:32 and the mile in 7:05, and never really felt like I was in a all that much agony.  Despite training slow, I trained to endure, and it worked out well.

Also, video of the PR press I set this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOGmBcYdHg

Allow me to pat myself on the back briefly, because for once I feel like I'm firing on all cylinders.  Yes, my static strength has taken a very slight plunge, but it's already looking to come back well, and events and athleticism are feeling awesome.  Think I got something good coming my way these next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment