Friday, April 10, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2649

PM WORKOUT

25 minutes of stretching

30 minute TKD lesson (teaching)
 - Reviewed old material.  Focused on stances.  It's amazing how un-intuitive standing balanced is.

20 minutes of rope skipping
4 rounds of shadowboxing (2:00 rounds with 1:00 rest)

Notes: Stretching is still good.  Groin is a little tender.  May be pushing too hard on top of the squats.

Showcased a few kicks during the TKD lesson to get my student excited.  My range is improving.  I can kick slightly above my waist now.

Rope skipping improves.  20 minutes no longer gasses me.  Shortened the rope a touch and it helped.  The shadowboxing really made me come to life.  This is honestly so deep in my DNA that it's fun finding it again.  Hung it up after 4 rounds because I was getting sloppy.  First round was purely boxing, but after that I allowed myself some kicks.  Honestly can't bring myself to use a lot of the TKD stuff.  About the only thing that makes it in the rotation is a sidekick and back kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment