Monday, April 20, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2656

YESTERDAY'S AM WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT LOWER

(4) Mat Pulls
5x135
5x225
3x315
1x405
1x495
1x585
1x635
1x640
2x585



GIANT SETS (dead-row-chin)

2 second pause deadlift 315
3x10

T-bar rows 3 plates and a 10
3x8

NG chins (various grips)
5,3,3


PM WORKOUT

Grippers

Started with the #2 for 10 reps, worked down to 1, then went to the #1 and did the same.

Notes: 3:45 between heavy pulls, 2:00 between giant sets.  Very productive max effort day.  Can definitely note my leverages improving on the deads with the weight loss.  Was good to be able to hit so many high effort sets in a row.  Trying to add more onto the back work on this day, even if it's just a handful of chins.  Speaks to how much this hammers my back.  I'm already breaking protocol by training barbell deads twice in a row for the supplemental work, but decisions are being driven by schedule.  I work 7 on/7 off right now, and so on the days I'm on I'm trying to train quickly.  Going from the barbell max effort to barbell supplemental is faster than trying to take all the plates off and load onto a new implement.

Can already see the effects of the gripper work: I ripped 405 off the floor double overhand during the warm-ups.  Usually it's something that is a bit tentative due to grip.  No issues now.  Can also see the effects in that my left hand aches and swells the day after grippers, but it's not something I can't live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment