Monday, April 20, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2657

AM WORKOUT

30 minute TKD lesson (still focusing on previous lessons learned.  Focused on quick defense on 1 steps and form.  Need to get the thumb in the right spot when making a fist).

25 minutes of stretching and single leg rehab

PM WORKOUT

SUPERSETS (press-chin)

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x186
3x201
6x226
8x186

NG chins (various grips)
6x11

GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull apart.  Sets 1 and 4: axle.  Sets 2 and 5: trap bar.  Sets 3 and 6: log)

Axle strict press 156
1x12
1x8

Trap bar press 175
1x10
1x5

Log clean and strict press away 150
1x12
1x10

Dips
6xFailure

DB raises 30s
3x12
3x10

Pull aparts
6x13

DB rows 105
1x20


Notes: Weight was flying up during my warm ups for press, but when I got to my topset it was all over the place.  Was expecting 9, but ran out of gas.  Going to attribute this to losing weight and how my schedule has changed.  I realized I haven't been able to treat this like a 2 a day as I was doing before, and I'm typically cramming the training together all at once, so drops in performance are to be expected.  Played around with the supplemental work rep ranges. That may be the solution, but I may use some different supplemental work as well.  Got some options.

My single leg work is getting solid.  I noticed the other day that I can go down stairs a lot more smoothly than I could before. I actually 1 leg jumped up half a flight of stairs in the house for some work.  The knee is making less horrible noise than before.

Got the sandbags filled up for my Body Action System.  Going to give it a test tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment