Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2653

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo bar squat
5xBar
5x140
3x230
1x320
1x370

REST PAUSE (12 deep breaths between reps)
1x12
3x3
1x2
1x1

3 minute rest

20x230

Notes: Had the kiddo with me in the garage while I trained, so I could run some home school between reps.  After the topset of 12, when I went for the back up set, they dropped their tablet in the middle of my set and threw off my rhythm, so I racked it and went for 3x3 in order to hit the rep total I was aiming for.  I forgot just how much sets above 10 take out of me when the weight gets to 400+, but a cool revelation was how LIGHT 410lbs felt, especially on the unrack.  A few months ago, that weight would crush me on the walk out, and then the squatting woudl be fine, and now I fly out of the rack.  Always a re-assuring sign.

Once the first round was over, I kept looking at 320 and my body just wouldn't engage, so I stripped it down to 230 for a 20 repper.  That was how this used to be when I'd do this protocol as well.  Something I'm thinking of doing is pyramidding UP after the topset, so going 1x320, rest pause, 2x320, etc, giving me slightly more time to rest up while still keeping the training going.  Again: surplus of avenues here, definitely a good thing.  Biggest victory was that I was able to do 2 reps more than the last time I did 410, and that's after dropping some bodyweight.  Things are moving in the right direction.

Stretching is gonna get skipped today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment