Sunday, April 19, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2655

YESTERDAY'S LUNCH TIME WORKOUT

Axle bench press 291
3x10

Close grip axle bench 251
2x10
1x5

Swiss bar incline bench 225
1x10
2x7

Dips
3xSomewhere in the 30s

Standing ab wheel between sets of benching
8x8

Notes: 3:45 between sets of benching, 2:00 between dips.  This was a solid workout, but I'm seeing myself heading right back to where I was before.  With bodyweight dropping, bench doesn't have much potential for growth.  I'm planning a few things to make this workout just a little bit different.  Two possible COAs are adding an extra set on all movements once rest times drop below 3 minutes, another is to bring in the slingshot, with a third possible COA of doing both and using the slingshot ON the added last set.  I may also just employ a rest pause at the end.

The issue with adding sets is that it'll have a cumulative effect on the later work, so I'll get an extra set on flat bench, then go to do close grip and be even MORE fatigued than usual.  But if I'm at peace with rep drop offs for the later half of the cycle, I think it will work.

Didn't stretch yesterday.  Ran a lot of chores and life got in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment