Sunday, April 26, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2663

AM WORKOUT

30 minute TKD lesson (new material: 180 degree turns and maintaining stance)


LUNCHTIME WORKOUT

SUPERSET (press-chins)

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x156
5x181
10x206
10x181

NG chins w/30lbs (various grips)
6x8

GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull aparts) Sets 1 and 4: trap bar.  Sets 2 and 5: axle.  Sets 3 and 6: weighted dips.

Trap bar press 175
1x10
1x7

Axle strict press 156
1x12
1x9

Weighted dips w/95lbs
1x8
1x9

Dips
6xFailure

DB lateral raise 30lbs
6x12

Band pull aparts
6x13

PM

25 minutes of stretching and some single leg work


Notes: 3:45 between heavy presses, 2:00 between giant sets.  With the hamstring still achy, I 86'd the log because of the clean and didn't push until I blew up on the topsets.  Weighted dips were a good bit of variety, but my set-up was wrong.  I used a loading pin and 45lb plates, and I have my dip handles spaced so narrow that there was barely any clearance between the plates and the uprights.  Had to be VERY precise while dipping to keep from smacking into the uprights.  Felt like I was playing the claw game at an arcade.  I usually use smaller diameter plates, but I loaned most of mine to a high school kid that didn't have any during the quarantine.  If I come back to this next week, I'll get creative with the plates I have left.

The hamstring tends to feel fine if I keep moving.  I'll pick up and occasional twinge or ache.  Long periods of inactivity are where it gets ugly.  Also woke up this morning and forgot I was injured, so got out of bed quickly and yelped in pain, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment