Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2658

25 minutes of stretching in the AM, with more single leg work.  Single leg jumped up half a landing of stairs twice, on top of other things.  It's coming along.

PM WORKOUT

5 minutes of rope skipping

10 rounds of BAS work (2 minute rounds, 1 minute rest)



(First 2 rounds on film)

5 minutes of rope skipping

40 minutes of lawn mowing

Notes: Just like the last time I got back to hitting the bag (or BAS in this case), my handspeed is awful, but this was still an awesome workout, which was the goal.  My model is technically not built for kicks to the body pad, as there's no ability to commit fully through the kick, but I wanted to get a few in just to see what I could do.  In later rounds, I experimented with some head kicks, and I could actually connect with the chin of the target, so that was cool.

At about 3:38 in the video I land what I've heard referred to as the "Tyson combo": left body hook and left head uppercut.  It actually looked decent.  I worked on it in later rounds, as it's something I've always wanted to be able to try and traditional heavy bags aren't very well suited for it.  I actually need to get used to throwing uppercuts in combos now because of that.

I was dying in later rounds.  It was good to push myself like this.  I've missed it.

Rope skipping was very smooth.  Wonder if the change to wrestling shoes helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment