Saturday, April 25, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2662

MAX EFFORT LOWER

(4) Mat Pulls
5x135
5x225
3x315
1x405
1x495
1x585
0x650 (pulled my left hamstring)

1+ hour rest

NG chins various grips while putting away plates
5x10
10x5

SUPERSET (dead-pull apart)

SLDLs 78lbs
4x15
1x55

Band pull aparts
5x20

Pull ups
1x11

Notes: Was feeling great going through warm ups, but that tends to be when things get dangerous.  650 was moving off the mat just fine, but suddenly my hamstring seized up.  Put it down, walked it off for a bit, but it was locked up tight.  I could feel something sliding around.  Went back inside, iced it 15 on/10 off for 4 rounds, then went back to the garage to see what I could do.  Tried 315 off the mats and I could do it, but it hurt enough for me to know it was a bad idea.  Got in the pull ups, because rows seemed like a bad idea, and then went with the SLDLs to get some movement on the hamstring. 

I've hurt this hamstring before.  Should be bad in time.  Just annoying.

4 comments:

  1. It's the stretching!!

    I started the 3-week press wave again today. Boy those 10-12-rep clean-each sets just get to me.

    WR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, it's the first thing I blamed, haha.

      Cleaning each rep is the devil! But it also helps sort out the 1 rep wonders, so I guess it's worth it.

      ...maybe...

      Good to hear from you dude!

      Delete
  2. Yeah man. In my experience on past runs, yes, totally worth it. I've made the 3-week wave into a 6-week wave by alternating log and axle. So, it's two weeks of clean-each, then two weeks of high rep press-away, then by the time I get to the heavy stuff on weeks 5/6 the conditioning output feels like nothing. I'm excited to finally be able to run it a few times back to back to actually get the benefit from it, not being interrupted by yet another move or prep for any contests. That plus the strongman cardio medleys makes for a real Saturday shit-kicker.

    WR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be great to see how the growth on it goes for you. Uninterrupted training blocks are such a boon.

      Delete