Sunday, July 3, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2467


AM WORKOUT (0538 natural wake up) FASTED


I discovered a FANTASTIC Dan John challenge the other day that I put to the test today.  


1 DKB Clean

1 DKB front squat

2 Cleans

2 FS

up to 10

Back down to 1


Don't set the bells down


You're cocky at set 3.  By set 7, you realize your mistake.  I failed, so I created penalties: whenever I set the bells down, I had to run down the hill and run back up it.  Ultimately, it was holding that front rack that was murdering me.


I finished with a time of 17:09 using 20kg bells and the mentioned penalty, but more importantly, I was breathing hard and sweating a bunch and got in a good workout.


Finished out the 30 minutes by doing 4 rounds of


5 DKB half snatches into a double KB strict press


5 DKB swings


5 burpees over KBs


1 farmers walk down and up the hill with the bells



And then, just for funsies, 15 (per side) alternating KB strict presses


PM


27.5 ABCs in 5 minutes w/45lb KBs


Notes: 


* Was part way through the front squats when the timer ran out.


* Got to the beach today and won my kid a prize on an event where you hold onto a bar for a prolonged period of time.  Got to 1min 42 seconds, with 90 seconds being enough for "the big prize".  Was unaware that 2min got you "the jumbo prize", so once I hit 90 seconds and hung for a while I thought "why am I doing this?" and dropped.  Frustrating to know I had a reason to go further, but pretty awesome for hitting the event cold.  My elbow hung out well too.


* Got breadsticks and chicken at the place with the most amazing breadsticks in the world





Just been a great trip for healing in all sorts of ways.  Mrs as I are going to go out for Fish Tacos and bowling later.


Got in 100 unbroken burpees in 5:47, then a 1 mile walk with the Mrs.  On top of that, the wife had 15752 steps clocked on her GPS, so we've been moving a bunch today.  We walked to and from dinner on our date night, which was pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment