Tuesday, July 19, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2482


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up) SEMI-FASTED: Surge Workout Fuel Only


BBB BEEFCAKE Week 2, Workout 3


**MAIN WORK**


Axle clean and strict press away

5xAxle

5x136

5x151

5x171


SUPERSET W/5x10 band pull aparts


**SUPPLEMENTAL WORK**


50 axle clean each rep and strict press of 136lbs in 12:10





**ASSISTANCE WORK**


Dips into pushdowns into hypers into abs into neck into GHR


Dips stripset (no rest between sets)

6x105

4x80

4x55

6x30

20xBodyweight w/rest pause


50 pushdowns

40x90lb Reverse hypers

20 standing ab wheel

Neck work

30 GHRs


Poundstone Curls

211xAxle


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


**CONDITIONING**


15 minutes of “LOST IN TRANSLATION”





* 3 axle clean each rep and push press of 136lbs

* 7 burpee chins


Notes:


* Clearly still hot as hell in the garage.


* Topset of 170 was smooth and strong.  If I were “playing 5/3/1 for real”, that’d probably be a good TM or 1s week weight.


* When I focused on actually trying to clean the axle vs muscle it up, I had a lot more energy left for that press.  Damndest thing.


PM WORKOUT (1600)


Finished the day off with 25 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells


What's interesting about this is I THOUGHT I set my timer for 3 100 second rounds, with the plan being to get 10 in per round.  Instead, I dorked it up and set it for 60 second rounds, but STILL did 10 straight out the gate because I was already bought in, so now I know I have that in me.  Tomorrow is prowler day, so I don't anticipate being able to smash that after that workout, but it's definitely a future plan.


Also, my left knee is swollen up like a grapefruit these days.  Must be the weather.


And, of course, dinner





6oz piedmontese grassfed sirloin and egg(...whites) with local tomatoes, mashed cauliflower, a combination of local air fried zuchinni and eggplant, and local sweet corn

No comments:

Post a Comment