Friday, July 29, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2492


AM WORKOUT (0320 Natural Wake Up) SEMI-FASTED: Surge Workout Fuel only


CHAOS IS THE PLAN: Day something of something


800 bodyweight dips in 63 minutes, w/5 high handle trap bar pulls of 225 EMOM, followed by an AMRAP of high handle trap bar pulls for 37 reps total





**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


**ASSISTANCE WORK**


25 pushdowns

30 GHRs

30 axle shrugs against strong short bands

50 pull aparts

40x360lb reverse hypers



Notes: 


* Didn’t annotate my deadlift warm-ups with the low handle, but I came in today with a plan to do BBB Beefcake’s deadlift workout with the trap bar but  my shoulder/tricep is still saying “no” to heavy pulls. I thought of this audible on the way down the stairs this morning in case this were to happen, so I immediately pivoted and executed in.  Yeah, in retrospect, a good morning workout would have been closer to what I “needed”, and that might be the plan moving forward, but this was a target of opportunity.


* You can’t kill me.

* Honestly, this is the mentality I bring into these workouts





That scene was transformative to me growing up.  I still get goosebumps when I see it.  I love everything behind it. I love Tien KNOWING that he's going to lose this, that he's not at all strong enough to beat Cell, that all he's doing is delaying the inevitable, and he's STILL giving it his all.  He's dying on his feet.  He's "dying empty" ala Brian Alrushe.  It's exactly what I want from this.  How much more trouble than I am worth could I be than the guy that just keeps coming back for ANOTHER set of dips after the first 700 reps?  I'm not going to win the fight, but I'm absolutely going to make the winner go "Oh f**k me this guy again?!"





And though it's a comedy, I even love THIS moment for the same sentiment





When you know you can't win, go for hurt.


PM WORKOUT (1600)


24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells


Tang Soo Do class in the evening, lots of bag work


Weekend, which means morning ABCs, some lawn mowing, and monument to non-existence.  I think I can get back to barbell front squats at this point.  I also managed 5 chins ups.  They hurt, but I've got it in me.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Tien scene, that's such a good pick for what you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STILL get goosebumps, haha. You could build a religion around that one scene. Totally captures "more trouble than you are worth"

      Delete