Sunday, July 24, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2487


Got home from my night shift, had my gym clothes in the garage ready to go, so I shucked off my work clothes and immediately did


25 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells

30 minute 80lb weighted vest walk

10 unbroken ABCs w/24kg bells immediately upon return


I REALLY appreciate these workouts. Get the heart rate racing from the 5 minutes of work, ride it out with heavy walking, come back and redline again. I focused on a strong pace on the walk to really drive it home. Was watching some Dan John youtube stuff and found out the “heart rate up then go for a walk” thing is straight from him. I could have worse influences.


Getting the daily work in today, and if I have time I’ll come up with something stupid for 10 or so minutes.


PM WORKOUT (1845)


Finished the day off with what is becoming a staple


10 minutes EMOM

* 2 stone of steel to shoulder

* 8 Double KB front squats w/24kg bells


It sneaks up on you, by the 10th round it's over.


Tomorrow morning I squat 395 for 5x10.  It's either happening with the Buffalo Bar or the SSB, but it's happening.  My shoulder continues to heal well enough.  The stones and KB cleans place stress on it, but not crippling so: enough to remind it that it's still alive.  Chins and rows seem to be the only real limitation, and I'm not heart broken about that.  Moving forward, I may swap conventional deads out and use a combination of low/high handle trap bar and the axle.  Always a way to adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment