Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1932


(12) Chain Suspended SSB Squats
4x425+chains
6x355+chains

Notes: Paul Carter's article on fat loss really resonated with me, and today's heavy set showed some evidence of what was being written. I felt plenty strong on the movement, and then after rep 4 it was like someone shut off the power. I think if I were carbed up I'd be seeing a few more reps, but my base strength is doing well.

Been thinking about this for a bit now, and I think my plan moving forward after this cycle is to keep the ROM progression going by alternate each week between SSB and Buffalo bar. I'm pretty much just maintaining right now, and I think it's because I'm at a weird place weight wise with the SSB. Any lighter and I don't get the desired training effect, any heavier and I don't get the volume I want, and at my current weight I'm just spinning my wheels. I should be able to go much heavier with the buffalo bar, which will be good for my core and legs, while the SSB will keep hammering my upper back. In theory, the two should compliment each other. This will mean training in a 16 week cycle versus 8, with deloads on the 8th week.


Reverse hyper 5 plates
3x11

superset w/

Standing ab wheel
3x8


Car deadlift simulator 8 plates per side
1x14

Notes: So pleased with this, especially considering I'm just feeling beat down these days. Took a lot out of me, but got it done. Don't know if I'm going to increase the weight next time or try for 16, eventually topping out at 20.



Neck harness 45lbs
1x50


General notes: Woke up at 191.6. Weight is maintaining well. I feel absolutely fried. My bodyweight work is falling apart, but I think it's probably time to deprioritize it a bit. Just going to go for effort instead of reps for a week or 2 and see what happens. Bodyfat gets measured tomorrow. May be able to compete in October due to a schedule change, I'll see if I can work it. It'd be a light show, which is probably for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment