Saturday, September 19, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1942

AM TRAINING

Farmer's walk, 185 per hand
4x80'

Notes: I was flying on these. Practically sprints. Seemed to have a good grasp of "falling forward" while keeping my balance. Trick is going to be if I get to start on this event or have to take the hand off. Next week, I'll try a few runs starting with my hands off the implements to simulate. Feeling real confident for this contest: I think the weight loss is helping my speed.

Woke up at 191.6. Neck is about 98%, shoulder about 90%. Healing up, and I'd say it looks like I've put on half a pound this week in terms of consistent weigh ins, which is right on schedule.


PM Training

Minor back tweak on the second rep of deads today. Shut it down.   Contemplating chasing my next cycle of deads with the axle for a slight break in the same movement/implement.



This is what happens when I get pissed off at my back (caution: 9 minutes of squatting)

https://youtu.be/A6c2564rDIw

Boiled down to

Squats
3x460
4x410
5x370
6x320
7x280
8x230
9x190
10x140


Notes: Back was a little tender, but as long as I braced my core hard, it was fine.  Depth was pretty solid on these.  Great workout in general, made up for lackluster deadlift.



Reverse hyper 25 per side
3 minutes


Notes: I'm thinking about making this a regular Saturday thing and then always going heavy on my squat workout.  I liked when I used to do reverse hypers twice a week.



Cheat meal today was Whiskey river BBQ burger with extra patty and side of sweet potato fries at Red Robin.  Chased it with a quest bar.  It took 25 minutes from the time I finished my drink to get a refill (I set my stopwatch), let alone to speak of how long it took to actually get food.  Managed to still eat through the frustration, because what can I say, I'm a champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment