Tuesday, September 1, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1926



(13) Chain Suspended SSB Squats
4x425+chains
6x365+chains


Notes: Had some more in me for that first set, but misgroved the concentric on the 5th rep and dumped the bar forward.  Cold is sapping my cardio a touch, think I'll see some more reps when I'm healthy.  Took the belt in a notch and it worked better.  It's not sitting where I like on my hips, but it's much tighter on my core, giving me a stronger brace.



GHR sit ups w/25lbs
3x8



Car deadlift simulator 8 plates
1x12


Notes: Very pleased.  2 rep PR, and considering last week I could only hit 2 reps, this is a great comeback.  Might be a sign it's time to swap movements, or maybe it's because I finally got the belt tight enough.  If my life had depended on it, I could've gotten a few more reps, but this took a lot out of me, so now back off set.



Reverse hyper 50lbs
3 minutes

Notes: Decided to sack up and try again.  Still can't get the full 3 minutes without rest pausing, but this was better than last time.  Think I'll go with the alternating approach, as going heavy definitely seems to improve my static strength, but I think this timed work will carry over into some endurance and pain tolerance.  X-factor honestly seems to be being able to hold myself up on the bench for this long.  Upper body fatiguing quite a bit.





General notes: Work up at 192.4.  Been drinking tons of fluids due to a scratchy throat, but nothing caloric. 

2 comments:

  1. 8 plates sounds crazy heavy to me, and with that many reps? Nice work. Hope you don't get any sicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. It's definitely at the point where things started getting challenging. Transfers incredibly well though: really hoping to get a heavy car in a contest one day.

      Delete