Thursday, September 10, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1934

Yoke
120lbs x 30'
300lbs x 30'
500lbs x 30'
590lbs x 30'
700lbs x 30'
750lbs x 8'


NG chins
1 set


Notes: Woke up at 190.8.  Work scheduled our 2.6 mile run for tomorrow, so I had to squeeze in my yoke workout tonight.  Wanted to see how heavy I could go for 30', since it's 60' with a partner.  Goal was 700lbs, which I managed with zero set downs.  It was wobbly, and combined with a wobbly yoke made it really crazy, but just means it'll be even smoother on a steady yoke.

The 8' for the 750 includes the 1' I fell backwards with it.  If my life depended on it, I could've taken it the distance, but my upper back was folding all over the place and being so close to the contest, I didn't want to risk the injury.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's heavy. I watched WSM today and they were using an 800 lb yoke. I thought to myself "Nice, that's 'only' 200 lbs more than what I've experienced" but you blow that pat on my back away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, but those guys were moving fast with the yoke, while I was basically stumbling for distance, haha. Looks like I'm actually going to be hitting up the Santa Cruz contest next month. Looking forward to seeing you there and shooting some video for you.

      Delete
  2. A few guys could barely get it moving. But to be fair it was the qualifying heat, not the finale or anything. Awesome to hear you'll be there.

    ReplyDelete