Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2251


AM WORKOUT


Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x211
5x241
9x276
16x211


Notes: Still just beat down. I am recovering, but not 100% yet. Giving what I can.  Really gotta up the food.




NG Chins (various grips)
4x25


DB lateral/rear lateral 25
5x12


Notes: Performed in between sets of benching.




GIANT SETS


Axle push press 173
4x6


DB rows 105
3x10
1x20


DB reverse curls 30
5x12


Notes: Had a major breakthrough on push presses.  Much like I theorized, there is a psychological block preventing me from push pressing in front of the rack.  It's irrational, but I think I'm afraid of hitting the rack when I use leg drive.  I walked the weight out of the rack backwards (so basically unracked and walked it forward), facing away from the rack, and had zero issues.  This is gonna be pretty big as I prep for my show; glad I discovered it when I did.  Push presses still exhaust the crap out of me, so that's something I gotta work on. Ran a little short on time today while tinkering around, but I think I got a solid plan now.



PM WORKOUT

Yoke 50'
2xYoke
2x320lbs
2x410
6x500

Notes: It's still shaky at the start, but after some warm-ups I can feel the speed coming back.  I finally got that "controlled fall" thing going on toward the end, and I could feel the yoke carrying me a good amount of the way.  Getting closer to comp weight.  It feels heavier than it should, but I still have some time.


Backwards sled drag dropset (only rest to change plates) 50'
2xProwler+230
2xProwler+180
2xProwler+90
2xProwler

Notes: Wanted to focus more on yoke speed/technique, so skipped throwing the sled on those and just did one long ass drag dropset.  The 230 was moving real slow, as the prowler kept swaying.  I think on a sled it'll be a little easier.  Getting better at dropping my hips.


General notes: Woke up at 190.0 this morning.  Upped my post workout meal with more protein powder and cereal.  I'll see if that helps.





No comments:

Post a Comment