Monday, October 31, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2261


AM WORKOUT


Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
3x151
3x176
3x196

Axle push press
0x256
3x236


Axle strict press stripset
7x156
6x136
6x116
6x103
6x83
7x66


Notes: Plan seems to be working.  Anything north of 250 still eludes me, but I'm feeling stronger and better.  Part of it was that I just wasn't primed to push press.  I'm thinking, after hitting required reps for the strict set, I'll hit 1 rep of push presses just to use as a warm-up before moving on, because the set of 236 felt real smooth.  That stripset is feeling great, although my right shoulder gets a little mad by the end of it.  Something to watch for.  Usually it's the left that gets buggy.


Lat pulldowns 140
5x15


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Brought the weight back down on the pulldowns to spare my elbows.  Focusing more on the back contraction really seems to make the movement more worthwhile.  No points for the heaviest assistance work.  All done between sets of pressing.




Axle rows 136
50 reps


Notes: Just going for rep goals to get volume.  No straps.  I like this approach.  Think I'll keep it going and see where it takes me.


Dips (upright)
50 reps


Notes: Keeping the volume light on these while I push the shoulders.


Axle curls
1x145


Notes: These were awful after those axle rows.  Forearms are fried.




General notes: Woke up at 193.0. Part of my nut allergy experiment has had me eating pistachios with no issues, so I bought some bags of them for work.  I'll see if they work out.  Shin splint is still a little pissy.  I might end up just doing yoke pick-ups tomorrow.  I'm actually thinking of transitioning my squat day to a ME style workout with cycling movements rather than constant progression with 1 move.  There are a lot of things that I think will make me a better strongman, and I can't do them all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment