Monday, October 24, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2255




AM WORKOUT




Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x140
5x166
5x186




Axle push press
3x226




Axle strict press DROPSET
7x156
5x136
5x116
5x106
5x86
5x66






Notes: Lots going on here.  Part of my contest prep plan.  I'm hitting the required reps for 5/3/1 and not going for any AMRAP PRs.  After that, I'm taking some push presses out of the rack to start building up my ability to hit heavy on those.  Then, I chase it with a dropset to get back the strict press volume.  Trying to balance everything all at once; we'll see what happens.  In general I'm a fan of it, but I think I'll have to watch my assistance work for shoulders to keep from burning out.




Things felt well.  My neck/trap is still a little iffy.  I did some serious damage to it, but it's on the better side of healed at least.  Got a serious delt pump from that dropset; first in a long while.  Push presses felt light, and considering I'm not doing them totally fresh, it bodes well.  Plan for contest right now is take the required 175, and then with 20lb jumps, I'm going to skip 195 and 215, jump in at 235, and then take all the attempts from there.  255 is possible.  275 would be awesome.






Dips (upright)
1x50




Notes: Rest pause as needed. After the dropset, the volume on these has to get reduced.  Could feel my right delt getting mad.






BACKWORK

Lat pulldown 180
5x8




Band pull aparts
5x20




Axle rows 135
1x20






Notes: Done between sets of other stuff.  Started coming down with a food allergy after the strict press dropset and was having difficulty breathing, so I cut the rows short and got rid of the curls.  I'll try to hit the latter today after work.  Ate a new product; Huckleberry Honey.  I imagine that's the cause.  Will eliminate and see if problem persists.








General notes: Woke up at 193.0.  Finally getting the eating in order, minus all the allergies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment