Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2257


AM WORKOUT


Axle bench
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
3x226
3x260
9x290
15x226


Notes: Wasn't a great pressing day.  Things were just feeling heavy and beat up.  I imagine my increased focus on overhead prepping for the show will take out some of my benching.


NG chins (various grip widths)
1x34
2x33


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Performed in between sets of benching.  Trying to get the chins done in fewer sets, partially because of increased density, and partially because I'm so bored out of my skull doing them that I want to blow my brains out.  Thinking about cutting out the lateral raises while I up the pressing to see if it spares my shoulders any.




GIANT SETS

Axle push press 186
3x6
1x3
1x5


DB rows 105
4x10
1x21


DB reverse curls 35
5x8


Notes: Push press technique is really coming back.  Screwed up grip spacing on the 4th set, but everything else was smooth.  I'll hit a few reps that are almost a jerk around the 2-4th rep, which is most likely a result of me dialing in technique as I go.  DB rows aren't strict at all.  I'm losing a lot of lat contraction and just going through the motion.  Product of fatigue from the push presses.  They wear me out.  Usually, getting closer to a contest, my back work gets put on the backburner and my pressing takes center stage, so it's just par for the course.






General notes: Woke up at 192.6.  First decent workout all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment