Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2363


AM WORKOUT


Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x216
5x251
12x281
20x216


Notes: Goal was 14 on 281, but just not feeling it. I am coming back slow off this deload; having difficulty recovering.  Hoping next week I'll be back in business.


Chins (various grips)
1x25
3x20
1x25


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Performed between sets of benching.


Circus dumbbell 85lbs (unloaded)
1x4 right, 1x3 left
1x3 right, 1x2 left








Notes: Holy crap a 12.75" bell with a 3" handle is INSANE.  Took a while to really figure it out.  I think I have a better strict press with the bell than using any leg drive.  Getting good on this will get me good for the contest.


Hammer holds w/loading pins, 15lbs
2 holds


Notes: Instead of DBs, I took a loading pin and put a 10lb plate on it.  Held them around the midpoint.  Better simulator of a hammer, and real ball buster.


Axle curls
1x50




General notes: Woke up at 196.0.  Been running out of time in these training sessions.  Think I need to start culling the back work as I get closer to the contest.  Off season is good to bring that stuff in, but now I need to focus on events.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is crazy big. I really had no scope for it until it arrived. Getting good on it should get me good on anything.

      Delete
    2. Well....probably not crucifix hold though....which they just announced is double points. But why?

      Delete
    3. Ah, I meant any dumbbell. But yeah; I have been tracking on those double points for crucifix holds. Actually training for it as a result, haha.

      Delete