Friday, June 8, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2518

LATE AM WORKOUT

Front squats
5xBar
3x95
3x135
1x185
1x225
1x275

REST PAUSE (12 deep breaths between sets)
3x315
1x315
6x225
3x225
10x135

Notes: Woke up this morning and legs were in so much pain I didn't think I'd get out of bed.  Experiencing some of the worst DOMS of my life from the 10x10 squats.  Had a long lunch and thought some front squats would help, plus it'll shorten my Saturday workout.  Crazy that bodyweight squats hurt like hell, but having a bar to "help" me get down to depth feels better.  That said, I had a weird hitch on the eccentric, where I'd bounce 2-3 times at the quarter squat mark before my body would essentially let me down.  I had to rack the bar after rep 2 of the topset just because I lost position, but I got right back under it for the third, and the rest of the sets went well.  And now my legs are still sore, haha.

Woke up at 193.2.  Things seem to be going well. Also, wanted to document that I've maintained my daily pressing experiment for 2 weeks now without issue.  Started with a week of 100 push ups a day, then a week of 50 dips. Think this will be an effective use of the surplus calories.

2 comments:

  1. That prior squat workout seemed hellish enough and then I saw you were doing super-sets. It's good to see that you're gaining quality weight on good food without any trouble. I wonder if it keeps the inflammation down compared to the way we used to eat so recovery comes along better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If nothing else, definitely a reduction in GI distress and bloating, and I'm a firm believer in clean food=clean growth, despite all the IIFYM crowd saying otherwise, haha. I think micronutrients play a more significant factor than we realize. If nothing else, my health markers are doing well.

      You'd dig Jon Anderson's training, although I don't know if it'd work well with your current combat sports training. If someone were to leg kick me right now, I'm fairly certain I would simply vanish from existence out of sheer pain.

      Delete