Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2522

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squats 255lbs
10x10


SUPERSET w/

Set 1: Bodyweight dips: 1x32
Set 2: Band pull aparts: 1x20
Set 3: Log cleans 1x230lbs
repeat

Notes: Far more viable approach.  The band pull aparts broke up the intensity of the supersets and allowed better recovery.  After the first log clean, they more became log pulls, because I wasn't able to get it past my belly.  Part of that is not wearing a belt, but the other part is just being too heavy.  Think I've tapped my potential on doing heavy cleans between sets, so next time I'll go a more dynamic focus, drop the weight and focus on speed.

Otherwise, this was less awful than last time and still amazingly brutal.  Jon Andersen is nuts.  Once I get the weight to 275-280, I'll start focusing on reduced rest times, and then reduced sets, ala the program.  Right now rest times are still pretty short, as I basically just check the clock once I'm done and round up 2 minutes from whatever the current minute is, meaning it's at least less than 120 seconds each time. 

Woke up at 194.8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment