Monday, June 18, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2527

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS

Log viper and press away
5xLog
5x145
5x170
11x195
1x265(strict, lifetime PR)
15x150

Reverse hypers 230
6x14

Band pull aparts
6x20

GIANT SETS

Log clean and push press 225
4x3

Reverse hyper 230
4x14

Hammer curls 45
4x10

Notes: I took some video of the 265 set that I'll upload later, but it was a total beast of an effort.  Definite "standing bench press" moment, where the weight and shape of the log definitely overtook my body and I was just holding on.  Pressing it, it wanted to go everywhere but up, and ended up traveling in front, behind, and to the side before eventually moving all the way up.  I was afraid of either dumping the log or dislocating my shoulder at one point.  All of this just makes the victory sweeter though.  This is the weight I'll use in competition, and if I can hit it for a strict press first thing in the morning under significant fatigue, I feel confident for the day of, to say nothing of if I end up in the lower weight class.

Thought I went for a 5lb increase on the push presses, but turns out it was 15.  Hit triples as well as I can.  Leg drive still rough, but I'll take it.

Woke up at 198.2.  I'll see how much of that I keep through the week, but things keep trending up.

Mrs. gave me a massage last night for Father's day and remarked that my back had "more muscles" than she remembered being there since the last time she gave me a massage.  I think that's a good sign for this hypertrophy phase.

2 comments:

  1. What a killer weight to strict press, good job fighting that beast up! Can't wait to see this translate to competition performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude! Been breaking some long standing plateaus on strict press. It's exciting times. The real comedy will be if it turns out I can't push press it though, haha.

      Delete