Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2533

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS

Log viper and press away
5xLog
3x160
3x180
10x205
1x265 (strict)
12x160

Reverse hyper 230lbs
7x16

Band pull aparts
7x20

GIANT SETS

Log clean and push press 225
1x3
1x4
2x3

Reverse hyper 230
4x16

Hammer curls 40
4x12


Notes: This actually happened on Monday, but haven't had computer access.  That 265lb press was far smoother than last week.  I'm a little ashamed of the apprehension I felt approaching the log for that set.  After what I grind it was last week, and with this week being heavier percentages, I was telling myself "It's ok if you don't hit the press: just practicing the clean is enough".  Despite that defeatist attitude, I had a solid clean and then the press moved much faster. 

Mentality also plays a huge role on the clean and push press.  I have to "think explosive" before I touch the log, or else it's a slog.  That's how I managed that set of 4 in the middle.  Need to remember that. 

It dawned on me just how much I'm absolutely hammering my back with all the log cleans, on top of the sandbag pick ups, front squats, stones, deads and car deadlifts.  I seem to be adapting, but when the calories drop, I know a lot of places where I can reduce stress.

Woke up at 198.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment