Saturday, June 9, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2519

AM WORKOUT

(5) Texas deadlift bar mat pulls
5x135+chains
5x255+chains
3x325+chains
1x415+chains
7+3+3x505+chains

Standing ab wheel
4x8

Car deadlift simulator
7x6 plates
6x6 plates
DROPSET
5x6plates
5x5plates
5x4plates

SUPERSET w/

Dips
3x30

Notes: Mat pulls still struggling, and my current theory is that I'm simply throwing so much at my lower back during the week that it's not recovered by deadlift day.  Since I don't have a straight bar deadlift in this upcoming competition, and since all my competition lifts ARE going up, I'm just going to ride this out and focus on effort.  I figure, if I can give a good fight when I'm fatigued, I'll give a good fight when I'm fresh.  Since I hit the front squats yesterday, I threw more volume at the car deadlift simulator.  Right hip was feeling buggy, and I still can't put on my socks without excruciating pain, so this was a victory.  Got in my daily dips as well.

Woke up at 193.8.  I am adopting the Barbarian Brother's mentality that there is no such thing as overtraining; just undereating.  We'll see how that pans out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment