Saturday, March 2, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2390

PM WORKOUT

(4) Texas deadlift bar touch and go mat pulls
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
15+3+3x495+chains (lifetime PR)

Buffalo Bar squat (rest pause, 12 deep breaths between sets)
10x320
5x320
3x320
2x320
1x320
10x240

Notes: Holy crap I keep finding more and more strength.  Definitely an effect of Deep Water, but I honestly think it's 2-fold.  I think I accumulated a ton of volume and it's all coming out, but I ALSO think I increased my ability to really dig the needle into the red when it comes to this max effort stuff.  I got the first 10 reps in 1 breath, and then just kept finding more and more in me whenever I dug back into the well.  Same thing happened on that 9th rep of press yesterday.  Pretty awesome to say the least.

Less awesome are my squats.  The leg strength is there, but weight just plain feels heavy on my back.  I notice this trend whenever I spend ANY time away from barbell squats.  I'll keep addressing it, but I'm also going to mix up implement variety to keep gaining strength in general.

No weigh in this morning.  Cheat meal today before training.  Nachos bell grande and a slice of a quesadilla from Taco Bell.  Still keeping things light.   

No comments:

Post a Comment