Saturday, March 9, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2395

PM WORKOUT

(3) Texas Deadlift Bar touch and go deadlifts
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
16+3+3x495+chains (lifetime PR)

SSB Front squats (rest pause, 12 deep breaths between sets)
10x245
5x245
3x245
2x245
1x245
10x155

Notes: Every week I blow myself away on this.  This is a 1 rep gain over last week while using a longer ROM. I'm blatantly getting stronger week to week, whereas usually I try to just hold on to as many reps as possible with these training cycles.  I'm just discovering more strength and a greater ability to dig into it, and again I attribute it to my time on Deep Water.  Clearly the most effective training I've ever used.  I'm now at the point where I'm disrespecting 495, and for those not quite familiar with my terminology there, 495 was a weight to fear once, and then it was a weight to at least respect, and now it's not even that.  It's a foregone conclusion that I'm going to smash a bunch of reps on it at this point, and now it's just a question of how long I can hold my breath for that first big push.  I got to 11 reps today.

Front squats were a solid effort.  Less stress on the knee, which is the goal of rotating it with the buffalo bar. 

An outstanding session all around.

No weigh in this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment