Saturday, March 23, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2405

PM WORKOUT

Texas Deadlift Bar touch and go deadlifts
5x135
5x225
3x315
1x405
15*x495



SSB Front squat (rest pause: 12 deep breaths between sets)
12x245
6x245
3x245
2x245
1x245
12x155

Notes: I know no one else will count that 15th rep, but it's ok: I will.  Pleased with that effort, as demonstrated by the moonwalk.  Also a lifetime PR no matter how you stretch it, because the most I've hit was 14 before, and that was with a similar hitch at the end.  To hit a clean 14 and grind for 15 it showing some growth, especially as the bodyweight drops.  Warm-ups felt awesome too; taking the chains off had me moving fast.

3 comments:

  1. Beast mode: that mode where you work so hard the controls get reversed!

    Seriously, great work. I knew when I read you were planning on a 495 AMRAP deadlift that I was going to be watching something good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated dude. Definitely a weird sensation for me.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, I can imagine.

      I have had a few workouts like that, where I hit squats hard enough that my legs refused to work and I was questioning my decision to powerlift in March. Also yesterday hit 270x18 on leg press after a set of deadlifts and other stuff and had to roll out of the leg press. But yeah, nothing that crazy.

      Delete