Sunday, November 1, 2020

 Training Log: Entry 2428


Took the dogs for a quick fasted walk this morning, then ran our half marathon.  Meals beforehand were some greek yogurt mixed with PBfit, 2 omega 2 eggs, 2 finibars at the start line with a bang energy drink and 1 celery stick with some "Nuts n More" peanut butter on it.


We finished at 2hrs 6 mins.  Not a PR for me, but I stayed with the Mrs as her sciatica started acting up around the halfway point.  She pushed me through the first half, and I pushed her through the back half.  We were both proud of how much we accomplished with how LITTLE we trained for this.  Last year, I was running twice a week with a very rigid approach focused on getting into "half marathon shape", and this year I ran once a week at most with no real progression.  Just relied on being in good general shape.  It showed.  My cardiovascular system had no issues with this, but calves cramped up pretty fierce.  


Glad to be done.  Onto the next phase.  I wanna get some more strongman stuff back in the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment