Tuesday, January 12, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2399


AM WORKOUT (0645)

SUPERSET (bench-chin)

Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x136
5x206
5x236
5x266
5x10x186


Chins (underhand
3x13
7x12


(3) High Incline DB bench (stripset)
15x75
4x75 w/reactive slingshot
4x75 w/Metal Catapult
15x45


Poundstone curls
143xAxle

Tabata boxing rounds on BAS

Notes: 2:00 rest between the 5x10 work.  Today was a bit of "proof of concept" testing for the upcoming training block, and a chance to evaluate TMs.  I originally picked a conservative one, went with a higher one for today, then dropped it back to the conservative one for the BBB work, where it will stay.  Until I can get my blood pressure sorted, I think that's wise, as I'm just dealing with a lot of light headedness.  I had a fantastic chest pump when it was all said and done.  I'm taking the dips out of this day and including them in my daily work for now, as I saw great results doing that before, and it will help shorted this training day down.  I was having epic long sessions before, and I think reducing time and focusing on intensity will carry me further as far as putting on some quality mass goes.


Digging those high incline DB benches.  Getting 75s has been a boon for me.  Opened up a lot more options.  Hoping to be able to pick up the expansions to the Ironmasters soon enough.


Daily work is going to look like this for the foreseeable future


50 chins
50+ dips
25 push downs
50 pull aparts
30 GHRs
40 reverse hypers
20 standing ab wheels


On days where one of those movements are trained as part of the main work, they won't need to be included in the daily.  Those are minimums though: I tend to hit sets of chins whenever I walk through the garage, and may do something similar with dips as I go.  Recovery always drives method.

No comments:

Post a Comment