Wednesday, January 20, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2407


AM WORKOUT (0645)

Juarez Valley front squats 185lbs with 5 six count burpees between sets
11
1
10
2
etc etc


Time: 20:24


50 pull aparts


SSB squat stripset
20x185
10x135


20 standing ab wheel


Notes: Man I dig this workout.  It just hits everything.  On the lower rep portions I try to get the set-up done quickly, which is similar to the quick transitions in strongman, while I try a stronger set-up for the high rep stuff.  The burpees after the high reps tend to be slower to allow me to recover, while after the low rep stuff I can rush the burpees.  Just very tailorable, and still so much room to play with.  Today I shot for a higher rep total at the start, but I can always keep reps the same and try for a faster time or a higher weight.  The burpees could become swings, ab wheel, cleans, etc etc.  If I was an athlete I could start the front squats from the floor, but let's not get crazy.


I had a little more in me on those SSB squats, but not much else.  With this being the first official week of SVR II, I didn't want to completely bury myself on a day that is technically supposed to be active recovery.  


Rounded out with some daily work.  May get in a run later.

No comments:

Post a Comment