Saturday, January 23, 2021

Training Log: Entry 2410


AM WORKOUT (0530 wake up via dog) Fasted

100 six count burpees

7:16 (23 second PR)

Notes: Becoming something of a weekend morning tradition.  Got through the first 45 without stopping.  Part of it is proficiency and part of it is conditioning.  This is also rather tonic the day after deads.  May get in another conditioning workout later today, but otherwise it's a non-lifting day.  Mrs and I are having a date night.  It may be Cheesecake Factory for appetizers and dessert, but if the weather turns we'll end up somewhere a bit more mild.  Either way, plan is to have an enjoyable meal and an evening of walking. 


PM WORKOUT (1630)


Thrusters w/95lbs and swings w/45lbs

21 thrusters

5 swings

3T

5S

18T

5S

6T

5S

15T

5S

9T

5S

12T

5S


Time: 10:30


Notes: Little adaptation of a previous workout. Originally it was burpees between thrusters, but I’ve done enough of those today. This worked well for sure; was breathing hard, “broken lungs”.


Date night became date mid morning/afternoon. Weather was rolling in and the babysitter was willing to come early. So we hit up Cheesecake Factory and I treated myself to eating like a normal person. We both ordered appetizers and shared our plates, and then we both skipped the entre and ordered cheesecake slices and shared. She got the celebration cake (birthday cake cheesecake), I got some sort of decadent peanut butter monstrosity. I liked mine more, which isn’t shocking: I’m a peanut butter fiend. I have it every night before bed and I still love it. After that, walked around a mall for a few hours and just kinda remembered what life used to be like. Good for the soul. Mrs was shocked that I ate the way I did. She thought for sure I was going go order the low carb/low sugar stuff and discect the stuff on my plate. Was happy I could surprise her. Said “What’s the point of being strict all the time if it means I can’t actually enjoy myself on a night out”


After the meal, the workout and my shower, I looked the leanest I ever did in my life. Imagine my body sucked up the carbs pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment