Saturday, January 16, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2402


FRIDAY


TODAY'S FULL TRAINING BREAKDOWN


AM WORKOUT (0640) after coming home from night shift


GIANT SETS (chin-dead-neck)


Bodyweight chins (all the grips)

1x20

1x15

2x13

1x14

1x15

1x11


High handle trap bar pull

5x135

5x225

5x315

5x425

5x485

14x545 (10lb PR from last week)

22x425


Neck harness 55lbs

5 sets


Axle rows against light bands (1 minute rest between sets)

5x13


Axle shrugs against light bands

1x56


Kroc rows 115

1x20


SLEEP (4ish hours)


5 round circuit of

10 BW dips

4 standing ab wheel

10 BW reverse hypers


30 GHRs

50 pull aparts

25 pushdowns


1 hour of shoveling snow


SLEEP (1.5 hours)


PM WORKOUT (2100) before work


8 rounds of

10 KB swings (45lbs)

10 six count burpees


Done in 9:52



Notes: Decided to give a little peek into what a full day is like living on the night shift, although didn't detail meals and stuff.  That deadlift workout was quality.  I'm moving fast and getting in solid work.  Only rested long enough to change plates for the majority of the giant sets: once I got to the worksets for the deads, I took 2-3 minutes between the chin and the dead.  Blood pressure seems to be getting better, but still some dizziness to contend with going for those AMRAPs.  Seeing improvement week to week though, which is most likely what happens when you trust your programming to someone else.  


I'm really getting a great feel for the axle rows.  Mind-muscle is firing well.


I ideally wanted to do my weighted dip stripset on this day, but time got away from me.  Kiddo was home from school on a snowday while Mrs was teleworking, so I tried to make myself as available as I could while still helping with shoveling, making dinner, prepping my meals for my shift, etc.  The circuit answers the mail though.  I'm liking doing daily dips.


Shoveling heavy wet snow after a back day is a different kind of suck.


I like the burpee/swing workout well enough.  Set a timer for 10 minutes to see how many rounds I could do.  I'm really trying to spend a lot of time with workouts where I'm getting up and down off the floor.  Some sprawl drills should be in my future in that regard.


I'm focusing on eating more food.  Making a conscious effort.  It's been a big gear shift mentally.  One of my key "non-negotiables" is that I eat 3 whole cage free organic eggs with grass fed butter everyday.  It's my dedicated saturated fat intake, because I've been so avoidant of it.  I'm treating it like taking vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment