Saturday, May 28, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2432


AM WORKOUT (0630 natural wake up) FASTED


* 20 clusters


* 20 thrusters


* 20 front squats


* 20 clean and presses (clean each rep)


* 20 double KB snatches


* 20 double KB cleans


* 20 double KB swings


* 20 single arm KB swings (alternating arms)


total time: 19:45 (Under 20 minutes....get it!?)


In between each group of movements, I did 5 band pull aparts, just to break it up and prevent me from chaining one into the other.  


Notes: Came up with this while I was drifting off to sleep last night.  Name of the game this trip seems to be training density, and 20 minutes is a cap I like to work within.  Sets of 20 made it cute that way.  I'm missing my Monument to Non-Existence, but this didn't quite scratch that itch.  It was still a ballbuster.  Working within the elevation change is the key.  


Think I figured out a way to get some chins in, so I'll work those at some point.  Seems like daily runs might be on the agenda with the Mrs, so that's cool.  I'm experiencing a degree of soreness that comes from dehydration, lack of nutrition, and elevation changes.  Might be in for some sort of rebound when I get home.


Got in 21 ABCs in 5 minutes and a leisurely 1 mile run with the Mrs.  Also a 1+ mile walk with the dog and walking around a museum for a few hours.


Thinking tomorrow I'm gonna open with 5 minutes of ABCs, do 100 burpees, close with 5 minutes ABCs.  It's gonna be a busy day and I wanna get in a lot of training in a short amount of time.


Haven't done any direct core work since arriving.  Glad to be on my diet/training break.

No comments:

Post a Comment