Tuesday, May 24, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2428

AM WORKOUT (0320 wake up via dog, being a rascal all night)


SUPERSET (chin-press)


Weighted NG chins

4x8x55lbs

10x55lbs


Log clean and strict press away

5x100

3x120

3x150

3x170

3x200

4x205 (5lb PR from previous week)


Axle clean and strict press away

15+5+5x146 (1 rep and 5lb PR from previous week, 12 deep breaths for rest pause)


GIANT SETS (dip/press-dip-raise-pull) 75 seconds between sets, odd sets press first, even sets dip first


Behind the neck barbell press

3x10x115


Weighted dips

3x10x85lbs


Dips

6xF


DB lateral raise

13x20s

5x12x20


Band pull aparts

6x15 (zoned out a lot and ended up doing more reps on several sets)


Poundstone curls

205xAxle


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING


JUAREZ VALLEY w/double KB snatches and double KB thrusters w/24kg bells


10 snatches

5 thrusters

1 snatch

5 thrusters

9

5

2

5

8

5

3

5

7

5

4

5 thrusters


Time expired: finished in 11:45



Notes:


* Had a bad headspin on the set of 200 for the log, so to come back with a strong set of 4 at 205 was pretty awesome.  I’m getting old and smart enough to go for these little chipshot PRs vs failing with bigger weights.  Regaining some confidence with the log.  A big part of me thinks that, when it’s time to hang it all up, it might become my primary pressing implement.


* Unintentionally combined supplemental work between my two pressing days, but that might be a happy accident.  I might consider a rotating approach to keep things fresh.


* My elbows aren’t screaming as bad as they were last week, but still tender.  They’re what suffer the most as I get more “strongmanny”.  Weighted chins took some convincing.  After the first 40 reps of Poundstone curls, though, I felt pretty fresh.


* I re-discovered just how brutal it is to combine snatches and thrusters.  That workout was an absolute gasser, and 10 minutes of it was more than enough.  Getting through the full Valley will be a great workout sometime.  I DID have to set the bells down on a few of the longer sets and re-gather myself, which makes me think it would be less than idea for a Tower of Babel approach, but in either case, it was a great way to take 2 kettlebells and make things miserable.


* Already tired of not eating to grow, but I’m also just REALLY good at not eating in general.  Keep slashing things in the diet, and this trip should lend well to it.


PM WORKOUT


23 ABCs w/24kg bells in 5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment