Friday, May 27, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2431

AM WORKOUT (0615 natural wake up, new time zone)  FASTED


KB ladders w/24kg bells


1 press

2 front squats

2 press

4 front squats

....

5 press

10 front squats

Start back over at 1/2


Repeat series 5 times.  Do 5 band pull aparts in between sets.


Total time: 22:30


Notes: This was a unique challenge.  Out of nowhere, my lungs were gone.  I imagine this is adjusting to the elevation.  It's unique how it works.  When doing the 5 minute ABCs, I only notice it when it's done, at which point I just can't seem to get in enough air.  But with these longer workouts, my heart rate will be low while my lungs are compressed.  It's tough to get my head around.


This got me 75 presses and 150 squats in under 25 minutes.  Not terrible.  I would like to get in some more volume, but this is a vacation, so I'm gonna train what I can when I can, call everything else recovery, and crush everything in my path upon my return.


From the nutrition standpoint, this is going to be an excellent opportunity to drop some extra weight.  I tend to undereat when staying with company, as I feel self-conscious eating ALL the food in the house.


Got in 22 ABCs in 5 minutes in the AM, and a leisurely 3 mile run with the Mrs in the PM.

5 comments:

  1. Hey MythicalStrength, what do you attribute to helping you bulletproof your posterior and helping you avoid a "recurring lowerback/glute injury. First happened in 2008, and flares up about 1-2 times a year."

    I initially thought it was the reverse hyper but you also said using the reverse hyper made it worse during this entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for any insight BTW.

      Delete
    2. I don't ever remember saying the reverse hyper made my lower back worse. I still get the flare up, but I'm better at managing it. The reverse hyper has been awesome for making my lower back strong, along with all the strongman implement pick ups/loading, log/keg work, etc. Work and time.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about that. You're right. You mentioned in that entry that some pain you were having got worse but you weren't attributing it to the reverse hyper.

    ReplyDelete