Tuesday, May 3, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2407


DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE Week 6, Workout 2


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)


Axle clean and strict press away

13x161

12x161

13x161

12x161

13x161

12x161

12x161

13x161 (3 re-racks required)


Sets of 10 band pull aparts between first 5 sets


Immediately after 10th set, straight into raises and core


DB lateral raise

20x20lbs

20x10

20x5

20x2.5

20xEmpty Hands


Reverse hyper

60x360


Standing ab wheel

1x30


50 dips


Poundstone curls

100xAxle+5lbs per side


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


CONDITIONING:


CLUSTER BOMB w/24kg bells for doubles, 50 burpee chins in 11 min flat


Notes: 3:40 between sets of pressing. I woke up feeling the most sore I’ve been in a LOOOONG time. My glutes in particular are torqued to hell. That deadlift workout was absolutely me reaching deep. In turn, I was pretty blown away with how strong I felt on presses. The strict press day is the day with the least “hiding” possible on Deep Water. You can bounce out of the hole on squats, you can either bounce a deadlift if it’s touch and go or rest for a long time on dead stops, push press use leg drive, but the strict press is either there or it’s not. Typically my first set is my worst, and 13 felt real strong on it. My plan went from 7x12 and a vegetable set of 16 to splitting it even between 13s and 12s. The last 3 sets required some re-racking, but it was still a much better showing than last week. Wondering if all the ABCs are paying off, since I’m getting in so much extra pressing volume.


My hand has new skin again and my cold seems to have passed. Tomorrow is my first day of travel, so I intend to get in the back workout in the morning. I’ll be somewhere with solid gym access, so I may just finish out the bench workout of Deep Water to make it official, then start my deload with WODs and stuff and get back to training on my return. Plan is to run an intensification block very similar to last time. I need to be 185 by 25 Jun, and that doesn’t seem hard at all. Won’t need much of a diet.


PM WORKOUT


Got the Tabata front squats in and I absolutely in no way wanted to do them. I really lost a bit of my soul from that deadlift workout: this is pretty nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment