Monday, May 9, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2413


AM WORKOUT (0350 wake up via alarm) FASTED


Dan John’s “The Eagle” (8 front squats, 20 meter farmer’s walk repeat for 8 rounds total) w/24kg bells


100 burpee chins


30 KB clean and push press w/24kb bells


6 prowler trips (2x70, 2x105, 2x140)


Notes: 41 minutes of work. Hodgepodge workout. The 20m walk for The Eagle is a total WAG. I was just walking the length of the gym and back. Honestly, it was a bit of a letdown: more a grip workout than a metabolic one. My grip DID fry and I had to set the bells down after the 6th round of front squats to shake out my hands. It has wings, for sure, but I need to change it up a little. Took about 8 minutes, which means I could go a lot faster on those farmers.


Went straight into the burpee chins from there, then did a mini-KB Grace, and finished out what time I had left with the prowler. Hit just about everything, sweating and breathing hard. Answered the mail for sure.


PM WORKOUT (1600)


24 ABCs w/24kg bells in 5 minutes


Lay down and die for AMRAP in 30 seconds


20 GHR sit ups

25 dips

25 pushdowns

50 face pulls

Neck work



Notes: This one definitely pushed me to the limit.  Got that third front squat in at the buzzer.  BUT, I DID make a tactical decision to put the bells down between reps 22 and 23 for the sake of recovery, so there's still some time I can shave.  I can tell my front squat is on the shallow side on the first rep of each triple, much like how my clean isn't really a clean on the first rep, but ultimately these are about going for max hurt vs grooving perfect reps, and it's doing a FANTASTIC job achieving that.


Planned to just call it at that, but found myself knocking out daily work.  Didn't log it for the AM, but I did GHRs and Reverse Hypers then.  All that said, I'm scrapping dips for the rest of the trip: the station here is too wide and it's upsetting my shoulder.  I'm getting in more than enough pressing volume.



Tomorrow is going to be a shorter workout.  Have an earlier showtime for work.  Maybe bring back the Tower, or hit another round of Litversates, or something else.  Burpee chins will most likely factor: I like being able to get my daily chins knocked out on top of my conditioning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment