Tuesday, October 4, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2559


AM WORKOUT (0330 natural wake up)

**5/3/1 FOR HARDGAINERS** Week 6, Workout 2

**MAIN WORK**

Log clean and strict press away

5x100
5x145
5x165
5x185

5x10 pull aparts between sets

**SUPPLEMENTAL**

Log Viper press (each rep from the floor)
10x5x145

Time: 11:53, accomplished using an EMOM approach

25 pushdowns

**PROWLER**

* 1 trip down w/low handles, back w/high handles w/50lbs loaded
* 1 trip down w/low handles, back w/high handles w/90lbs loaded
* 1 trip down w/harness, back w/backward drag w/140lbs loaded
* 1 trip down w/low handles, back w/high handles unloaded

Time: 20:00

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

Poundstone curls
229xAxle

100 reps of incline DB bench w/20lb bells
100 reps of bent over DB rows w/20lb bells

Notes:

* Celebrating the victories again: another press day without my bicep popping.  My left serratus thing is still an issue.  I think I may have a rib out of alignment, because the pain is awful in the morning, goes away after a few hours, and moves toward my back in the evening.  If nothing else, it’s annoying, as it’s taken away dips/chins and associated movements, at least if I want to be smart and let it heal.  

* The EMOM audible there was outstanding.  I got killed by the clock on round 7 and 9, which is why I ended up at 11:53 vs 10:00.  It was very taxing, and definitely had the metabolic effect I was going for.

* Fantastic showing on the prowler today.  Definitely the praise I’ll sing of this program: it’s gotten me into amazing shape.


* Doing my best to mash that bicep with the Poundstones, and then found SOMETHING I could do assistance-wise to hit the reps.  Dumbbell benching is viable, so I might be doing a bit of that for the future while I sort things out.


PM WORKOUT


Got in TABEARTA and loaded up the weight vest.  That's what hope looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment