Saturday, October 29, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2580

Fantastic Birthday.  Kicked off with a Birthday edition of the Monument to Non-Existence





37x185 front squat to squat to ssb squat to deadlift


BBQ for lunch w/onion rings


24 ABCs in 5 minutes before a dinner of steak and eggs


With sunbutter pie for dessert




Tang Soo Do night was sparring. I’m re-discovering things from eons ago, primarily because the senior student I get to spar against has no fight experience, so he makes the kind of mistakes that you normally only get fed during concept drill. He spent the whole night circling toward my power side, moving straight back, giving up ring control, putting himself in corners, putting all his weight on his backfoot, etc. I got to drill leading him into spin hook kicks, cutting off corners, coming in at angles: it was pretty fun.

Oh yeah, on top of all the training, also got in a 2 mile walk. ALSO bought a 2020 Colt Python. I’ve legit wanted a Colt Python since 1998, and it was kismet for me to find one on my birthday, so I pulled the trigger (pun fully intended). I’ll be bringing it home on Halloween, and can’t wait to take photos.

And my amazing wife, on top of getting me an outdoor ninja grill/smoker, also got me this






Could not have had a better day

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday ya battleaxe! What awesome gifts. And as always, I immensely enjoy reading your sparring reviews. Feels akin to reading how my favorite DBZ characters fare against new opponents in the ongoing manga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Been great having you along this whole time. I miss "real" sparring, but I'm still enjoying this for all it's worth.

      Delete