Tuesday, October 25, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2577


AM WORKOUT (0320 natural wake up)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 3, Workout 2

7 rounds in 30 minutes of:

* 10x135lb barbell thrusters

* 5x135lb barbell clean each rep and strict press





* 50 pull aparts

* 25 pushdowns


Poundstone Curls

234xAxle


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

**CONDITIONING**

24 Tabata rounds of burpee chins and 123lb axle clean and strict press

* Burpee chins on the 20, axle on the 10.  

* First 8 rounds was 3 BCs, next 8 2, final 8 1





Notes:


* Original plan was 45 minutes, but I had to tap out.  My right forearm was in agony.  Squats most likely put some strain on it.  It’s also pretty rare that I use a barbell for so much cleaning outside of TABEARTA.  I’m so used to using an axle and not having any rotation, so I was death gripping this and man handling it, and it just made things worse.  I like this idea behind this though: overhead through a variety.  Those were some SLOW thrusters.  I may end up combining a bit of all these weeks together next week and do something like thrusters from the rack and log vipers.

* Amazingly, the Poundstone curls felt good on my connective tissues.  In that regard, the victory from today is that my LEFT bicep/forearm had no issues.

* That conditioning at the end was a solid bit of redemption.  Got in some reps too.


PM WORKOUT


24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells (20 unbroken, new PR)





Notes: 

* My elbows thought this was a bad idea. 

* F**k them.

* That press on 20 was garbage, but that's pretty cool because it means I'm outrunning my lungs and finally running into muscular weakness as the limiting factor, and BOY do I know how to fix that.

2 comments:

  1. I love that self-reply to your elbows haha. Hope your body gets the message you're pounding into it and heals up that forearm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! It seems to be moving in a good direction. We're adapting, if nothing else.

      Delete