Thursday, October 20, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2572

AM WORKOUT (0330 natural wake up)

**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 2, Workout 4

300 push-ups with an 80lb vest in under 65 minutes


* 50 pull aparts

* 25 pushdowns

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

AMRAP in 5 minutes of

* 10 KB swings w/40kg bell
* 10 chins (various grips)

Notes:

* Used a couple of different strategies to get through this.  Original plan was to run Brian Alrsuhe’s 1-10-1 push up challenge, but that plan got Mike Tyson’d pretty early so I played around a bit.  Settled on Juarez Valley to 10 to start, then 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 to get 100 total.  All in all, it was miserable, and my shoulders feel like they’re going to fall off, but adding the element of occasionally standing up added a dandy little level change variable.

* After that was done, I didn’t have much need for daily work.  I basically did 300+ weighted planks and more than enough pressing, so I got in the band work and chins with some swings for a short conditioning burner.  I’m thinking ABCs later, but it will be interesting to see how I’m holding up.


PM WORKOUT


24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells: 18 unbroken to start (new PR)



Notes:


* What's pretty awesome is my bicep is holding out through this all.  Previously, it was these sets under fatigue that were jacking it up.  I may just keep chasing this unbroken sets PR and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment