Wednesday, October 12, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2565

AM WORKOUT (0330 natural wake up )


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 1, Day 2


100 log vipers w/135lbs

EMOM do 3 burpee chins


Time: 47:50





* Pace around the garage with a 1000 yard stare saying the f-word to myself

* 50 pull aparts

* 25 pushdowns


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**


* 30 GHRs

* 20 GHR sit ups


Poundstone Curls

230xAxle


* 40x90lb Reverse hypers


Notes:


* Though this wasn’t technically Kalsu, it’s absolutely Kalsu level difficult.  3 burpee chins vs 5 burpees because, timewise, it’s about the same, and this way I got in even more pulling.  Got me over 120 chins/push-ups on top of 100 log vipers: outstanding volume and density.  And like Kalsu, there’s simply no good way to pace this.  I appreciated getting in 30 reps in the first 10 minutes, but I paid for it toward the end.  Lots of lies to get me through the second half of the workout, but I’m most proud of the fact that I had no “empty” rounds.  No matter what, I got in at least ONE rep of vipers per round.  That’s a big win.


* Also happy with how well my bicep held out through this.  It’s coming along, and this was a good test.  On top of the log cleans, there’s the chins themselves and the Poundstone curls.  


* It’s worth appreciating that, when I actually focused on getting the leg set well on my torso, the reps were far easier.  But sometimes we do things stupid BECAUSE they are more difficult.


* Nice to get in all my daily work again.  It was sliding during hardgainers.  I’ve got Tang Soo Do tonight, and I might get in some short burst workout ala TABEARTA or ABCs, but at this point I’m also willing to be content with what I’ve done.

No comments:

Post a Comment