Monday, October 17, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2569

AM WORKOUT (0328 natural wake up)

**CHAOS IS THE PLAN** Week 2, Day 1

Box jumps
3x3

SUPERSET

Buffalo Bar Squat
5xBar
5x195
3x285
1x375


**ZENO SQUATS** (12 deep breaths between sets)
8x425
4x425
2x425
1x425
8x375
4x375
2x375
1x375
15x335

STRAIGHT INTO 

* Belt squat stripset (no lockout/rest between sets) of 22x200, then reps of 175,150,125,100,75,50,25 and axle

* 40x380 reverse hyper

* 30 GHRs

* 30 standing ab wheels

* 50 pull aparts


Tabata intervals alternating between dips and chins while putting plates away during the 10 second rests (50 reps of dips and chins)


* 25 pushdowns

* Neck work

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**

**CONDITIONING**


2 ladders up to 5 of

* DKB clean

* Front rack lunge

* Alternating snatch

So 1 clean, 1 lunge, 1 snatch, 2 cleans, 2 lunges, 2 snatches, etc


Notes: 

* I’m breaking protocol by jumping the Zenos up by 2 reps vs one, but since this is such a short training cycle I’m ok with that.  Going by feel and taking those opportunities when they present.  8 reps was challenging, but didn’t get the shoulder clicking/grinding until I was hitting the final set of 15 at the end.  Really keeping the bar low on my back.

* It was a legit “straight into belt squat” here, since I wasn’t fumbling around with video.  I had to take enough time to get out some dry heaves, but after that it was game on.  And then rolling straight into the hypers and then the GHRs had me just stumbling around the garage.  

* Chinning ability is coming back.  That weird pain in my rib is getting much better.  Just a small twinge.

* Doing my best to keep in box jumps and single leg work.  It’s quasi-athletic, and good for me.

* Got the bar loaded for TABEARTA this evening, and still figuring out tomorrow’s workout.  I’m leaning toward 100 keg one-motions, but don’t know how I want to break it up after that.  Part of me is thinking KB clean and front squat, part of me is thinking front squat out of the rack, part of me thinks classic burpee chins.  And I may completely abandon the idea since the keg can make a ton of noise.  Chaos is the plan.



PM WORKOUT


TABEARTA upon getting home

No comments:

Post a Comment